Application - Warlock Carimma

Post here if you want to apply to Avalerion. Read the stickies first!

Application - Warlock Carimma

Postby Carimma » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:05 am

Personal information

Languages: Dutch, English
Any other information (e.g. periods of time you might be unavailable due to real life i.e. your work shifts, or exams/periods of study): Vacation from the 4th of September until the 13th of September.

General character information:

Name: Carimma
Class: Warlock
Raid Role: DPS
Battle tag: Carimmehrez#2360

Provide a Link to your armory: (ensure you're in your main spec gear): https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... od/carimma

Provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment you can use http://imgur.com/ to post your screenshot). This is NOT optional:
https://imgur.com/a/OTIlIl4 - It might look a bit messy with multiple trackers for the same DoTs. This is because some trackers are buggy for certain procs of the Affliction artifact, this nullifies that without missing any raiding mechanics.

Do you have a viable offspec which you could play on progression?
Yes, I can play all Warlock specs to a very high standard, and all useful raiding specs will be kept raid-ready and practiced regularly.

Guild Background:

Please give an overview of your guild history:
I started very late in WoD with my first raiding experience. This was in a casual guild with my friends called 'PartyCrashers<Frostmane>'.
For Legion, we merged with 'Dude where s my mount<Frostmane>'.
For Nighthold, I joined a semi-hardcore Mythic guild, 'Limited Edition<Frostmane>'.I ended up leaving this guild, in agreement with the officers because I felt excluded from the core raiders on a social level. I didn't want to abandon the guild mid-progression, however we came to an arrangement and were both happy.
For ABT I joined 'Misty Moon Massive<Defias Brotherhood>'.

What is the reason for leaving your current/last guild?
After being led on for a while by the Raid leader, who made promises that were not kept, I cancelled my trial and quit for the remainder of the expansion because of the bad experiences I had there. If you are interested, I can tell you the whole story if this is to be found relevant for the application. I do not like drama however and would like to leave it be.

Raiding Background:

What is your raiding experience (before each instance was outdated by a tier / expansion)?
WoD:
7/13 M HFC - PartyCrashers
Legion:
4/7 M EN - PartyCrashers
3/3 HC ToV - PartyCrashers
4/10 M NH - Limited Edition
7/10 M NH - Dude where s my mount
4/9 M ToS - Dude where s my mount
8/11 M ABT - Misty Moon Massive
Note: I have killed Coven of Shivarra and Aggramar, NOT Kin'Garoth and Varimathras.

What is the most challenging boss fight you have faced, and why?
This is definetly Coven of Shivarra. Not necessarily due to its intense mechanics, but they were just very punishing if you missed one. I progressed on this boss and killed it twice during my trial, which added to the difficulty level because of the extra stress that comes with being a trial. I know that I was playing an insane class for that fight, and was expected to shine. I performed accordingly and it felt extremely rewarding.

Please provide logs of you playing the character you wish to apply on either from current progression or from a pug:

These logs were reached early on in progression while also being a trial, hence why my item level was lower than the raid's average. I feel like I performed equally or better than the other Warlocks, even though my gear was worse.

ABT logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... rtition=1&

These were the logs from the Semi-hardcore guild I went 4/10 M NH with in patch 7.0-7.1.5. All other logs from every tier this expansion can also be found on this server and character.

NH logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... artition=1

Additional Information:

Why do you want to join Avalerion?
I'm specifically interested in Avalerion because of the friendly, relaxed and mature environment that I think you obtain. I wasn't sure if a Warlock application would be looked at since WoWProgress mentioned this is not a class you are recruiting for, but I really wanted to be part of this guild so I asked an officer if it was fine to try anyways and got the go-ahead.

I absolutely love progression but don't want to give up unnecessary amounts of time. I believe in quality over quantity, as this also attracts better kinds of players skill-wise. People in a 2 days/week raiding guild usually have a more focused and dedicated mindset. The schedule is great and fits my personal life very well. Coming from a 3 days/week group, this will not be a problem at all.

I hope to find likeminded people that will grow to be my friends to play WoW together and make it as enjoyable as possible in a relaxed but dedicated environment. Attitude means a lot to me, and I feel like your goals meet mine.

Why do you think you can be a valuable addition to Avalerion?
I can't stand making mistakes on my class, which means I'll always be looking after myself for them and improving on them.
I'm very selfless in a raiding environment, I like to see the team do well, and if that means I'll have lower DPS on that pull, or not get priority on a piece of gear, so be it. What is best for the raid, is best for me.

I absolutely love playing my class to perfection dps-wise, but realise that this should not be the priority. Therefore I focus mostly on executing mechanics and surviving the fights.

I hope to be a reliable and fun addition to the team, knowing that I'll always do my best to perform as someone who loves playing WoW with friends while having a laugh.

Now I realise that this is close to BfA, and understand that it might be risky to recruit me since there is not a lot of time to trial me. Looking at all of my logs from the past up until the present, in both progression and farm, I have performed well on about 90%, including wipes. I know that I am reliable, and force myself to play to a high standard all the time. I appreciate having the opportunity to be able to prove this.

I have already played the beta for BfA a considerable amount of hours, to learn the new specs in advance so I can immediately keep on performing.

Do you have any significant alts? If so, what class and level?
I do not have any signifact alts. I exclusive play Warlock in raiding environments, and I believe this to be one of my strengths. Having a single class to focus on gives me a lot of time to perfect it.
Carimma

Main Character: Carimma

Re: Application - Warlock Carimma

Postby Shedo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:22 am

Hi Carimma,

Thanks for your application to Avalerion, I regret to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful. Please contact an officer in-game if you require further information, we wish you the best of luck in finding a guild that suits you.

Regards,
Shedi

On behalf of the Avalerion management team
Shedo
Officer

Main Character: Shedi

Return to Applications